Professional DIR-FCD™ Model Certificate Level 2 in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development (CL2)/Fellows Course
In order to develop a more comprehensive Fellows CL2 Certificate Course, that meets the current needs of participants advancing from the Professional CL1 Certificate Course, a new and improved CL2 Course was created in the Fall of 2018.
Profectum’s DIR-FCD™ Certificate Level 2 (CL2) is an intermediate level online course designed to utilize small class sizes and an intensive 9-month process build on the participant’s knowledge and skills acquired in CL1, but challenges the participant to deepen his or her ability to conceptualize treatment plans within the framework of the model. The course advances each participant’s ability to assess and articulate individual profiles; Functional Emotional Developmental Levels (FEDLs), DIR-FCD™ principles, strategies to foster social-emotional development in a wider range of infants, children, adolescents and adults with developmental challenges.
Advanced webcasts, participation in online classes and small group tutoring (in addition to the classes) allow participants to more deeply focus on assessment of various emotional, learning and neurodevelopmental profiles and implications for treatment and progress.
Focus will be given to the clinician’s reflective process and ability to project and monitor developmental progress of clients over time. Advanced observation, interaction and assessment tools will advance participant fidelity in the DIR-FCD™ model. Ongoing small group reflective tutoring will provide participants the opportunity to receive feedback on his or her clinical work throughout the course. Participants will share a range of cases and ultimately present a final case in an online forum.
Brief Course Outline
- Advanced understanding of the DIR-FCD™ model: Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-Based Approach & Foundational Capacities for Development including DIRFloortime® model and FCD™ principles
- Advanced understanding of a range of profiles and implications for treatment – professionals from fields of Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Psychology and Education will share to support integration across disciplines
- Advanced clinical skills related to work with an interdisciplinary team and families
- A deeper understanding of the reflective process and tutoring
- Case-based presentations and learning are included in each webcast
Goals and Objectives
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the course of development, individual differences and developmental challenges
- Develop a deeper understanding of observation, assessment, interaction and comprehensive intervention skills
- Conceptualize a range of cases within the DIR-FCD™ model framework
- Display a deeper understanding of integration of the model and your own discipline
- Apply and build/modify interventions across time demonstrating a deeper understanding of the integration of the model
- Describe your experience with reflective supervision
Criteria to Take the Course
- Completion of Profectum’s CL1 Certificate Course or the equivalent with ICDL, The Play Project or The Floortime Center
- The attendance of a Profectum conference or completion of one of our introductory courses is recommended, but is not a requirement
- You must be a professional currently working in the field of speech and language, occupational or physical therapy, education, mental health (psychology, social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy), medicine, developmental optometry or creative arts. If you are a professional working in another discipline, we welcome you to help us broaden our work
- You must have access to a minimum of two to three cases (children or adults with a developmental disability) throughout the course
- Small class structure
- 9-month program
- Online class meets 1 time per month for 2-hours
- Tutoring groups meet 1 time per month for 1.5 hours (no more than 3 people in a group)
- Webcast lectures
- Final vignette case presentation
Tuition for the 9-month CL2 Certificate Course is $2050. Payment options:
- In full for all three units
- Per unit prior to the start of each unit
- Unit 1 & 2 $800
- Unit 3 $450
Recurring automatic monthly credit card payments of $228/month for 9 months are an option. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The following discounts may be available:
- Profectum Member
- Group Discount
Course Completion Requirements
The following criteria must be met in order to acquire a certificate at the end of this course. These criteria should be monitored (record notes) throughout the course.
- Attendance of 80% or better*
- No more than 2 absences to the online classes over the duration of the course
- No more than 2 absences to tutoring sessions over the duration of the course
- *Any missed classes or tutoring groups are expected to be viewed via Zoom recording and impressions and comments shared with the group in writing
- Contributes to online classes
- Uses technology as required by instructors
- Camera is on for class
- Uses the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Final presentation evaluation score average of 3 or better
- Avg of 3+ : Receives a certificate and is considered for Trainer program
- 2+: Receive a certificate, but continues with tutoring (1 6-month group or individual thru Profectum)
- Below 2: Does not receive a certificate until more tutoring is received and meets the criteria of evaluation
To make our training available to as broad a group as possible regardless of geography or time zones, Profectum uses video streaming and video conferencing as our standard technology tools. The course relies on you watching webcasts on your own and joining class discussions using video conferencing. You will need a relatively modern PC/MAC and modern broadband internet access. While Wi-fi can work if your home/office has excellent connectivity, a wired internet connection to your PC/MAC is highly recommended.
Please contact – email@example.com – for more information.
“I am gaining so much from the Profectum fellows CL2 course. I enjoy collaborating with peers who are professionals across disciplines implementing the DIR® approach in a variety of settings with different age groups. Their case studies provide a forum for wonderful discussion that truly enhances the practical application of the DIR® principles in my own work.The online lectures and monthly classes delve deeper into topics that were touched upon in the CL1 course, and the material is immediately applicable.” (Speech and Language Pathologist)
“This course is all that I hoped it would be and more! I’m really enhancing my developmental understanding and my skill in using this all encompassing model. Both our group teacher and our small group tutor are extremely knowledgable, and they support us to delve into our work, and improve and enrich our clinical reasoning and practice. The webcasts are very informative. The rich discussions, facilitated by our teacher, help shape our understanding of children’s individual differences, the developmental levels and the interplay between the two. This course is a must for anyone who appreciates a developmental perspective, who values an interdisciplinary approach and wants to engage in hands-on, reflective learning, directed by top professionals in the field!” (Educator)