Certificate Programs in Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based – Foundational Capacities for Development Model for Professionals
DIR-FCD™ model certification in emotional, social and cognitive development programs for licensed/credentialed professionals offer advanced in-depth training in integrated, multidisciplinary approaches to working with individuals and families with special needs. Several tracks are offered, each leading to more advanced levels of training for those who are interested in becoming supervisors and trainers. Each program offers a combination of required online courses and interactive class participation.
- Professional DIR-FCD™ Certificate Level 1 in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development (CL1) – This program is for professionals from multiple disciplines (including SLP, OT, PT, education, psychology, medicine, social work, creative arts, and more) who want to integrate the DIR-FCD™ certification model into their practice and intensify their experience and training by achieving a Profectum Level 1 Certificate in emotional, social and cognitive development in their discipline. A new systematic interdisciplinary curriculum provides the theoretical knowledge and applied clinical and educational foundations for integrated assessment and intervention competence. Participants will have an opportunity to share their work and demonstrate competency in applying Profectum’s principles to their efforts. This intensive one-year program will offer a combination of required courses, online interactive class participation, and reflective supervision.
- Professional Educators DIR-FCD™ Certificate Level 1 in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development (CL1-EDU) – This program is for administrators working in school programs, clinics, camps, etc.- and will discuss and share best practices applying Profectum’s principles via the role of an administrator. Topics covered will focus on the development and maintenance of quality developmental programs, assessment and accountability procedures, program evaluation, grant applications, funding, etc. Participants will be required to share their work and demonstrate competency in applying Profectum’s principles to their efforts. This program will offer a combination of required courses and online interactive class participation.
- Fellows DIR-FCD™ Certificate Level 2 in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development (CL2) – This program is for professionals who want to pursue interdisciplinary practice and supervision and complete additional requirements beyond the Level 1 Certificate. Participants in this program will delve deeper into the clinical and educational aspects of the Profectum approach with targeted focus given to reflective tutoring, coaching and monitoring progress over time. Advanced observation, interaction and assessment tools will advance participant fidelity in the model. Small group reflective tutoring and case based presentations will allow participants to more deeply focus on the assessment and intervention for a range of neurodevelopmental profiles (NDRC) and implications for treatment and progress.
- Trainer DIR-FCD™ Certificate in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development – This program is for professionals who wish to extend their proficiency with the goal of teaching the Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based certification model to others and becoming Profectum trainers. These professionals will meet the criteria for the Level 1 and Level 2 certificates in addition to advanced teaching and mentoring requirements. This program is required for application to becoming faculty of the Profectum Academy.
- Faculty DIR-FCD™ Certificate in Emotional, Social and Cognitive Development – This program is the final step towards becoming a Profectum faculty member. Participants will meet the criteria for the Level 1 and Level 2 Certificates and the Trainer Certificate in addition to qualifications specific to faculty including advanced technology, leadership, curriculum and program development, research and visionary competencies. Completion of this program will result in the title of assistant faculty. Participants who have advanced standing as faculty may qualify for associate or senior faculty.
- Early intervention program – This program is for early intervention professionals serving children ages 0-5 who work in schools, clinics, homes, etc. and who hold credentials in one of the interdisciplinary fields (e.g., teacher certification, OT, SLP, psychology, social work, etc.). Participants will be required to share their work and demonstrate competency in applying Profectum’s certification principles.
- Paraprofessional program – This program is for paraprofessionals working in schools, clinics, homes, etc. who do not hold credentials in one of the interdisciplinary fields (e.g., teacher certification, OT, speech, mental health, etc.). This program will focus on the role of paraprofessionals working under supervision in schools and home programs to implement Profectum’s integrated, multidisciplinary approach. Participants will be required to demonstrate competency in applying Profectum’s principles to their work. This program will offer a combination of required courses and online interactive class participation.
Recognition of work within other approaches
Profectum Foundation is dedicated to enlarging the pool of qualified practitioners helping the special needs community. We are an organization that strives to be as inclusive as possible, thus our training programs will recognize progress members have already made with training efforts from other organizations. After all, the primary focus of our organization is to help individual practitioners develop their skills so that they can help the children and families with special needs. If a member can demonstrate how our certification requirements have been met through other means, he/she will be given credit for such accomplishment and be accorded the associated time acceleration in receiving Profectum Foundation’s certification.