The conference welcomed parents, clinicians, educators, early intervention specialists and others interested in broadening their understanding of DIRFloortime®, with other integrated treatment approaches. Lecture, dialogue, video clips, case presentations and workshops illustrated real life challenges and how parents and professionals use real world solutions to realize each child’s potential.
The morning plenary sessions featured acclaimed leaders in the autism treatment community, including Serena Wieder, PhD (coauthored Engaging Autism and The Child with Special Needs with Stanley Greenspan, MD) and Ricki Robinson, MD MPH (author of Autism Solutions). Fourteen workshops in the afternoon featured a variety of introductory and advanced topics geared for parents and professionals, featuring nationally and internationally known clinicians and educators.
Webcast presentation titles that are included with this series are listed below:
- Developing Development: Foundational Capacities for Development
- Pathways to Progress: Integrated Perspectives
- Behavior as Communication: What is the child really telling you?
- DIRFloortime® Functional Emotional Developmental Levels 1-4
- The Paths to Language: Knowing When To Teach What
- Sensory Integration and Individual Differences: Synchrony of the Sensory, Emotional, Social Triad
- Emotional Development and Symbolic Thinking
- Education: Using an Integrated Approach in Pre-school and Elementary School Programs
- Coaching Parents
- Advanced Clinical Thinking – Part 1: Sensory Processing and Psychodynamics: An Integration of Theory, Thinking and Technique for Advanced Practice Across Disciplines
- DIRFloortime® Functional Emotional Developmental Levels 5-9
- Communication: Pathways to Progress
- The Dyadic Space – Where Affect and Sensory Merge
- Education: Using an Integrated Approach in Middle School, High School and Young Adult Programs
- The Importance of Working with Families