In our efforts to help parents, we have assembled some sources on the topic of transition to adulthood that may be helpful. Profectum Foundation provides this information as a public service. Listings in this section do not imply endorsement by the Profectum Foundation, nor are we responsible for the contents
- Academy of Special Needs Planners: Special Needs Answers – For help finding a special needs planning attorney.
- Foundation for Autism Support and Training – Provides networking to job training, supervised housing, family resources, financing, etc.
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities – State-specific information about the transition from high school and the law governing your state agencies.
- PACER Center – Person Centered Planning – Person Centered Planning is an ongoing problem-solving process used to help people with disabilities plan for transitions, education, employment, lifestyle and the future.
- Resources for Adults with Disabilities – Autism/ASD – Provides resources and information on employment, education, recreation, independent living and more.
- Social Security – Information about Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
If you have found other resources regarding transition to adulthood that may be helpful to parents, please contact us to let us know.