This program allows professionals who have attained the Profectum Fellows Certificate or equivalent, to advance to the Trainer level through lectures, discussion groups and practicum experiences training other professionals within Profectum’s programs, including the Professional Certificate course, Fellows Certificate course, tutoring, and other settings. In addition, participants will advance their competencies in the DIR-FCD model through presentations and discussion of complex developmental and mental health challenges including those at older ages, integration of various approaches necessary to improve long term outcomes, advanced coaching, advocacy, etc. Participants will also learn to review current research, conduct presentations and webcasts, in-service training programs, and more.
Upon completion of Profectum’s Trainer’s Program participants will:
- Be recognized by Profectum as a competent DIR/Floortime Model Expert Clinician, Tutor and Trainer on Profectum’s website
- Be able to provide training courses under the umbrella of Profectum
- Use Profectum’s brand to promote workshops and training, post events on Profectum’s website and social media sites and more
- Have access to Profectum’s training resources
- Provide tutoring through Profectum
- Provide workshops at Profectum conferences
- Participate in Profectum’s Senior Clinician Meetings
- and more…
This course will run a maximum of 2 years, but can be achieved sooner if all criteria are met.* This allows participants to work at his or her own pace.
Prior experience as a trainer will be recognized for advanced standing. In addition to learning from faculty as support to courses and tutoring, this program will also provide the candidate with webcasts on the training process and work with candidates to develop his or her own training webcasts.
*Understand that the time-frame of the program may vary based on the availability of courses to co-lead.
Goals and Objectives
- Demonstrate advanced competencies in clinical/education practice
- Demonstrate ability to effectively train other professionals
- Provide assessment of the effectiveness of one’s own training
- Demonstrate ability to effectively tutor other professionals
- Show competence in coaching skills
- Develop Profectum training webcasts
- Provide community outreach as a trainer in your own community
- Exhibit a deeper ability to be self-reflective
- Class structure of 10-15 participants
- Participants complete the program upon completion of all criteria and can move at his or her own pace, not to exceed 2 years
- On-line class 1 time per month for 2 hours
- 1 hour webcast discussion
- 1 hour sharing participant work (experiences co-leading course, new training material, etc.)
- Co-lead Profectum Academy Basic Course OR Fellows Course with Senior Profectum Faculty and participate in supervision sessions with faculty
- Provide tutoring to participants in the Profectum Academy Basic Course AND Fellows Course and participate in supervision sessions with faculty
- Co-read 2 Profectum Fellow’s final written case papers
- Create new training materials within Profectum’s DIR-FCD model framework
- Demonstrate local outreach and training efforts in his or her community
- Ongoing training and supervision will be provided throughout the course
As this robust program offers a wide range of opportunities, participants should understand that the time commitment for this course is a minimum of 7-8 hours per month and will vary depending on when course co-leading opportunities are available.
This course is co-led by Profectum’s Clinical Director, Serena Wieder, PhD, Founder of ICDL with the late Stanley Greenspan and Founder of the DIR Model Institute and rotating senior faculty. Participants will receive mentoring and co-lead Profectum programs with our multi-disciplinary faculty from the fields of mental health, medicine, education, OT, PT, developmental optometry, speech and creative arts.
- Advanced webcasts on:
- Self Reflection
- The Foundational Capacities for Development (FCD’s)
- Symbolic Thinking
- Visual-Spatial Development
- MH, SLP, PT and OT Interventions
- Complex Cases
- Leading/teaching/facilitating discussions and tutoring sessions
- Provision of reflective supervision, written reviews of sessions, including provision of feedback on write-ups
- Education – webcasts, public presentations, community outreach
- Mastering technology/Running on-line classrooms/Distance Learning skills
- Advanced content – specialized courses, complex cases, other methods
Application and Registration
Please download and complete the application. Send applications to email@example.com. After you have been accepted into the program and assigned to a group, you will receive instructions on how to register. The cost of this program is $2600.
When you apply your email will be added to our contact list. You will be notified when your application has been reviewed and accepted and will receive information on course dates as it becomes available.
[ APPLICATION ]
A minimum number of participants are required to run each course group. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone a scheduled group if the required number of participants is not achieved.
To make our training available to as broad a group as possible regardless of geography or time zones, Profectum uses video streaming and video conferencing as our standard technology tools. The course relies on you watching webcasts on your own and joining class discussions using video conferencing. Thus you will need a relatively modern PC/MAC and modern broadband internet access. While Wi-fi can work if your home/office has excellent connectivity, a wired internet connection to your PC/MAC is highly recommended.