DIR-FCD™ Model Tutoring Program
The goal of the Profectum DIR-FCD™ tutoring program is to develop your competencies as a therapist/educator in conceptualizing the child within the DIR-FCD™ model framework, setting goals for working with the child and family, implementing intervention strategies and the ability to think about how the a child’s intervention plan today impacts his or her future. You will present clips of the work you are doing and engage in a process of discussion and reflection. To develop your competencies we ask you to present cases where you:
- Present your assessment of the DIR-FCD™ model profile, communicate how you think about the child’s development and integrated functioning, and understand the family
- Define your goals and priorities and monitor progress as developmental shifts occur
- Reflect on what you learn about yourself while doing this work
Tutoring is for individuals who …
- Are in the beginning stages of learning the DIR-FCD™ model and want entry-level guidance implementing the model
- Are in other DIR-FCD™ model certificate programs and want to layer learning experiences with our expertise
- Require additional tutoring before moving from one level of the DIR-FCD™ model certification to the next to deepen understanding and application of the model
- Require a specialized or advanced level of supervision (e.g., someone who is supervising others in his or her clinic, agency, etc.)
- Want to continue with professional development independent of Profectum Academy programs
Tutoring is available in individual and group sessions in 6-month blocks from a range of experienced faculty from trainers to senior faculty.
- Individual tutoring offers a very individualized reflective experience for 1-hour per month
- Small group tutoring (group of 3) 1-hour per month that allows participants to learn from his or her own work as well as the work of two other tutees through reflective process and advancing skills. Groups will only be formed with demand.
Things to consider:
- The level of tutor you would like to work with
- The discipline you would like your tutor to be from and if you would like to work with a specific tutor
- Your schedule and availablity
- If there is a faculty member that you would like to work with, you can contact them or contact email@example.com to arrange contact.
- Reach out to your tutor if you have contact information or to Beth.Arena@Profectum.org to arrange contact or discuss options for tutors
- Share your prior supervision experiences with your tutor and discuss what you would like to gain from the experience
- Describe the children you are currently working with so that your tutor better understand the range of cases with which you work
- Coordinate your schedule with your tutor
- Submit payment online prior to each session
- Your tutor will schedule sessions via Zoom and links for all online sessions will be sent via email
We will ask you to:
- Be prepared to present active cases from your current caseload – if you are a parent of a child with special needs, you may not present your own child
- Show a minimum of 2 children over the course of the 6 sessions
- Meet with your tutor as scheduled
- Prepare for your tutoring sessions:
- send your tutor a description of the child, brief background, history, and a DIR-FCD™ model profile a week prior to your session
- send your tutor a link to the video clip you will present and, if a small group, to group members too
- during your sessions, you will present a short 3-5 minute clip of your DIRFloortime® session with a child of any age
Your tutor will provide you with individual feedback throughout the program.
Program Tuition & Requirements
Six individual tutoring sessions to be completed within a 6-month period. Each session is 1 hour.
Policy on missing an individual tutoring session: The makeup of a missed tutoring session will be at the discretion of the tutor. With advanced notice of more than 24 hours your tutor may re-schedule a time that works for him or her. Based on scheduling, your tutor may or may not be able to re-schedule and will do so only once during the 6-month period.
If you are a graduate of or candidate in any of the Profectum courses, please ask for a coupon code to receive the Profectum Academy rate.
Per Session Rate
Per Session Rate
Small Group Tutoring
Six small group tutoring sessions to be completed within 6 months. Each session is 1 hour. The 1-hour session is for a group of 3. The fees are per tutee. Sessions are based on 20 minutes per tutee.
Policy on missing a small group tutoring session: The makeup of a missed tutoring session will be at the discretion of the tutor with the option to 1) not make up the time, 2) reschedule at a time that works for the tutor. Based on scheduling, your tutor may or may not be able to reschedule and will do so only once during the 6-month period.
If you are a graduate of or candidate in any of the Profectum Academy courses, please ask for a coupon code to receive the Profectum Academy rate.
Per Session Rate
Per Session Rate
To make our training available to as broad a group as possible regardless of geography or time zones, Profectum uses video streaming and video conferencing as our standard technology tools. The course relies on you watching webcasts on your own and joining class discussions using video conferencing. You will need a relatively modern PC/MAC and modern broadband internet access. While Wi-fi can work if your home/office has excellent connectivity, a wired internet connection to your PC/MAC is highly recommended.