Autism Resources for Professionals – Resources on FCD and DIR model
Welcome to Profectum’s autism resources for professionals. This page will provide professionals working with children and adults with special needs, an opportunity to access resources and keep up-to-date on the latest developments and research in the field. All professional disciplines are welcome.
Professional Working Groups
All of Profectum’s content development and perspectives are led by faculty members working in “Working Groups” with peers. We encourage you to visit your profession’s representative Working Group link:
- Medical Working Group
- Mental Health Working Group
- Education Working Group | Visit the Educator’s Corner: click here
- Speech-Language-Communication Working Group
- Occupational and Physical Therapy Working Group
Research & Journal Publications
The PLAY Project recently completed a three‐year multi‐site randomized controlled trial which showed improvements in both parent‐child interaction and autism symptomatology.
This large scale study focused on the impact of our autism intervention: a parent-mediated play and relationship focused program
Significant improvements in:
- Caregiver/parent and child interaction
- Social interaction of children with autism
- Social-emotional development of children with autism
- Autism symptomatology
- Improved parent stress and depression; and
- PLAY Project consultant fidelity. In other words, they were true to the PLAY Project model and delivered it as trained.
We are constantly adding resources to share with all of you. Visit here frequently as updates are made.
All of Profectum’s content development and perspectives are led by faculty members working in “Working Groups” with peers. We encourage you to visit your profession’s representative Working Group (links above).
Please contact us if you have a resource, research or any other relevant information you would like to share with others via this site. This is a dynamic page where you will find new information on a regular basis.