San Marino, CA – Profectum Foundation invites parents and professionals to attend their 5th International Conference, March 31 – April 1, 2017 at The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California. Honoring Individual Differences: The Gateway to Supporting Neurodiversity in Autism & Mental Health Treatment, is a conference that will present a paradigm shift from a disability perspective to approaches that value neurodiversity and individual differences.
Profectum Foundation’s 5th International Conference will be thought provoking and inspirational!
The Honoring Individual Differences conference will showcase neurodiverse individuals, groundbreaking scientists and authors who are on the cutting edge of Autism and mental health treatment. Professionals, parents and caregivers will see how the children they work with and care for can benefit from a new understanding of Autism & Mental Health treatment that supports children and families across the lifespan. Presenters include:
- New York Times, best-selling author Steve Silberman, of NeuroTribes, will talk about the legacy of Autism and the future of neurodiversity.
- International neuroscientist, Dr. Stephen Porges, will discuss the importance of relationships as a means of self-regulation and improving an individual’s sense of safety and security needed to advance development.
- Dr. Anne Donnellan, will explain how understanding sensory and motor differences is changing Autism treatment.
- Acclaimed Profectum clinicians will demonstrate through “real life” clinical cases how to move from “one size fits all” solutions towards individualized care.
- Individuals with Autism will be a highlight of the Profectum conference as they share their stories of challenge, discovery and understanding, courage and amazing abilities.
Conference attendees will be able to enjoy the newest, exciting Profectum initiative – a Celebrating Creativity in Autism show! Participants will experience what can happen when individuals with Autism have access to resources they need to live healthier, more secure and meaningful lives – one can open the door to creativity and innovation. To celebrate this, Profectum will highlight the work of autistic artists, including Anie Knipping, writers and creators in the fabulous setting of the Huntington gardens.
International thought leaders are changing the way we view Autism & Mental Health!
Profectum Foundation’s 5th International Conference list of distinguished presenters include: Anne Donnellan, PhD; Stephen Porges, PhD; Steve Silberman; Amy Johnson, MA, CCC-SLP, CNDT; Serena Wieder, PhD; Ricki Robinson, MD, MPH; Mona M. Delahooke, PhD; Connie Lillas, PhD, MFT, RN; Monica G. Osgood; Cindy Harrison, MSc Reg, CASLPO; Michele Parkins, MS, OTR; Anie Knipping; Natalie Kitts, MS, OTR; Joshua Kitts; Chantal Sicile-Kira; Jeremy Sicile-Kira; Joyce Show, MD; Peter Tran
Profectum Foundation’s 5th International Conference Early Bird Registration expires soon!
Profectum Foundation’s 5th International Conference program is filled with practical tools, insights and information for professionals, parents and caregivers of those with Autism and other special needs. The Early Bird registration rate expires on February 15, 2017 to register click here Conference Registration. For more information please visit the Conference Website and read the Conference Brochure