The DIR (Developmental Individual Difference, Relationship based) model pioneered parent-mediated Intervention (PMI) for the treatment of autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Relationships are fundamental to every aspect of a child’s development and parents are the agents of change paving the way for growth and lifelong functional competence and independence. This conference bridges clinical and research models of PMI that support progress and enhances outcomes for children with autism. Additionally, the DIR-FCD™ Foundational Capacities for Development (FCD™) will be presented. These capacities underscore each individual’s readiness for maximizing progress and success throughout their lifespan. Various foundational capacities and practical strategies to nurture them in children and young adults with a range of abilities will be illustrated. Finally, take a longitudinal journey with us and hear from young adults with ASD as they reflect on their experiences and parent interactions as they strived for competence and independence.
Webcast presentation titles that are included with this series are listed below
- How the DIR-FCD™ model Changed the Paradigm of Developmental and Autism Intervention and Pioneered Parent-mediated Intervention
- Parent-mediated Intervention for Autism and Its Long-Term Effects on Reducing Autism Severity
- How Do We Measure What Treatment Changes In ASD?
- Panel Discussion
- Desire to Connect – A Parent-Mediated Intervention
- The Missing Piece: Including Parents and Parent Coaching in School Intervention
- From Pre-schooler to Teenager: Longitudinal Patterns of Intentionality and Comprehension Across Developmental Stages and Ages
- Understanding Family Experiences as Children Progress Through Developmental and Critical Transitions
- Now It’s Time to Play: What to Do Until the Therapist Arrives
- The Profectum Parent Toolbox Webcast Series (PPT) – A FREE Resource for Parents, Families, Educators, Paraprofessionals and Professionals – The Who, What, Why and Where + Early Research Data!
- Competencies Promoting Progress: The Foundational Capacities for Development (FCD™)
- Defining Autism: From Nonverbal to National Speaker
- Growing Up Autistic: What Worked and What We Can Learn from Past Experiences
- Using the DIR-FCD™ model with Adults with ASD: Going Beyond Ages and Challenges
- When Things Go Awry from the Start: One Family’s Journey Finding Support for a Fussy Baby Showing Early Signs of Autism
- Parents Telling Their Stories: How Partnering with Parents of Children with Autism Supports Separation-Individuation, Self-Reflection and Stress Relief
- Implementing DIR Floortime® In A Non-DIR Model Environment
- Fostering Daily Routines and Creating Meaningful Rituals in Families Using the DIR-FCD™ model
- Supporting Intentionality through the Language of Toys
- Tapping into Potential and Shining a Light on Possibility- Building Meaningful Futures for Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum with Strength Based Approaches and Developmental Capacity Supports
There are no reviews yet.