The unique feature of this conference includes tracks tailored for parents, clinicians, and educators who are supporting individuals with special needs during a pandemic.
Our conference presenters have been working on the front lines during the pandemic to support each other–parents and professionals. Educators, Administrators, Clinicians, Parents, and Autistic Advocates will share their experiences, guidance, and practical strategies for supporting healthy development during these uncertain times! The core principles and best practices of intensive developmental programs will also be a key focus of presentations.
Learn strategies presented by professionals from DIR-FCD™ model school and center programs from around the country will demonstrate how the Developmental, Individual Differences, Relationship-based Model with the principles of the Foundational Capacities for Development (DIR-FCD™ Model) provide the evidence-based framework for intensive programs for children and adults with autism and related special needs.
Webcast presentation titles that are included with this series are listed below:
- Anxiety, Stress, Trauma, and Resilience in the time of COVID-19
- Understanding Anxiety and Trauma in the Era of COVID. Practical Supports for Parents, Students and School Staff
- Moving DIR® Services from Exclusive to Accessible: DIR® Medicaid/Insurance Workshop for Parents and Professionals
- Overview of DIR-FCD Programs for Early Intervention through Adulthood for Individuals with Diverse Sensory-Motor-Communication Profiles
- Adults on the Autism Spectrum share perspectives on educational programs, priorities, “Social Distancing,” Love on the Spectrum, work, and more…
- Developmental & Relationship-Based Strategies in the Home: Increasing Your Child’s Engagement During Remote Learning & Teletherapy – Part 1
- Developmental & Relationship-Based Strategies in the Home: Increasing Your Child’s Engagement During Remote Learning & Teletherapy – Part 2
- The Key Principles of a DIR-FCD Classroom: The Most Current and Progressive Educational Practices Available Today for Students with Special Needs ages 3-21
- Special Session for Administrators/Schools: Navigating COVID-19, Keeping the Ship Afloat, and Lessons Learned!
- Dads who rock!: Empowering Fathers to Engage with their Child and Promote Development
- How to Leverage the Virtual Platform to Target DIR-FCD IEP Goals and Promote Development During Remote Learning and Therapies
- The Principles and Best Practices of DIR-FCD Programs for Adults with Special Needs
- Writing Measurable, Developmental Goals and Objectives for your Student’s IEP Using the DIR-FCD Goal Bank
- CTC Connections Tour: How to Navigate the Transition from Entitlements to Eligibility
- Parent Stress Busters: Anxiety Management on the Home Front During Difficult Times
- The 5 C’s at School: How feelings of Comfort, Competence, Confidence, Control, and Communication Allow Students to Maximize Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Academic
- The 5 C’s at Home: How feelings of Comfort, Competence, Confidence, Control, and Communication Allow Children and their Parents to Co-regulate, Reduce Stress and Challenges, and Maximize Engagement and Independence at Home
- The 5 C’s Virtually: How feelings of Comfort, Competence, Confidence, Control, and Communication to Increase Participation and Independence can be Fostered Even in a Virtual Classroom – Principles, Strategies, Lesson Plans, and Parent Support Strategies
- Parent’s Open Discussion facilitated by Lauren Blaszak and a CTC Parent Panel
- Supporting Parents in Working with their Children in the Home and Virtually. The Ethics, Principles, and Practical Strategies for Teachers and Paraprofessionals Providing Virtual Classroom and In-home Support to Parents will be Illustrated. Sample Policies and Procedures for Working Families in the Home will be Provided
Webcasts from this Conference are also available in the following bundles:
DIR-FCD School Programs at School and Virtually
Parent Resources for Remote Learning and Supporting your Family’s Emotional Wellbeing
Practical Strategies for Clinicians and Educators to Improve your Virtual Classroom or Therapy Sessions
Supporting Families During the Stress and Trauma of a Pandemic
The 5 C’s at School Home and Virtually