In our efforts to help parents, we have assembled some sources of information regarding education that may be helpful. Profectum Foundation provides this information as a public service. Listings in this section do not imply endorsement by the Profectum Foundation, nor are we responsible for the contents
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc. (COPAA) – An organization whose mission is to be a national voice for special education rights and to promote excellence in advocacy.
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) – The largest international professional organization dedicated to improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts and talents.
- DIR Model IEP Goal Bank – Presentation by Monica Osgood and Lauren Blaszak of Celebrate the Children School in New Jersey.
- Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) – Provides information, support and assistance to parents of children with disabilities.
- HSLDA – Information about homeschooling requirements.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) – Each child with special needs is given an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) which, following an assessment, outlines the educational goals tailored to his specific abilities and needs.
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) – Aims to ensure that all children recieve a free appropriate public education (FAPE) and special services to assist in meeting their educational needs.
- Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center (SAARC) – Autism vocational/life skills training.
- Wrightslaw – Information about special education law, education law and advocacy for children with disabilities.
If you have found other information regarding education that may be helpful to parents, please contact us to let us know.