Leadership and Board
Profectum Foundation was founded to help parents and practitioners become more adept and effective at working with individuals with special needs. We aspire to build an organization that maximizes its global ability to help the special needs community while always remembering that our faculty and families are why we started the journey to create this organization. As such, we have adopted a governance model that keeps these principles in mind.
In crafting our organization and board, some of the principles we employed include:
- Put a professional in a role to a do a professional’s job. None of us would call our plumber to get help for a dental problem, or a dentist for a car problem, etc. Yet we all too often see individuals put in roles that do not play to what they are uniquely gifted at doing due to perceived importance of titles, tenure, prestige, and a myriad of other reasons. At Profectum, we aspire to avoid this situation as we build our organization. As we grow, we believe in having professional administrators manage the daily operations of the foundation while keeping our scarce resource – our faculty – focused on the clinical and training mission of the organization.
- Rotational leadership. We believe that new ideas are required in order to continually advance.
Board & Leadership
Based on our governance principles, we also created a unique board approach. One-half of the board is comprised on non-clinical board members who help the organization grow and prosper based on their ability to “give”, “get”, and/or “guide”. The other half is comprised of faculty members chosen from among working group chairs (who themselves have been elected by their peers) to ensure Profectum maintains its clinical mission. Our board members are:
- Geoffrey H. Bracken, Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Cuong Do, CEO at BioVie; Founder & Chairman at M6P Therapeutics; Founder Profectum Foundation
- Dr. Harry DeMeo, MD, Gastroenterologist
- Richard Long
- Kenneth Lloyd
- Monica G. Osgood, Founder Profectum Foundation
- Ricki Robinson, MD, MPH, Founder Profectum Foundation
- Shirlee Taylor, PhD, Executive Director, The FAR Fund
- Julie Tozzo
- We are sad to report the passing of Profectum friend and Board member, Julie Tozzo on April 25, 2022. We are grateful for all Julie did to support Profectum, and she will be deeply missed. We know that Julie’s memory will be a light for all who knew her.
- Serena Wieder, PhD, Co-Creator of the DIR Model, Founder Profectum Foundation
- Interim Executive Director: Lisa Reilly
- Foundation Administrator: Beth Arena